Great companies are founded on passion. While leaders and business owners often possess this passion in abundance, it can be a challenge to translate their passions into a strong brand and culture that will stand the test of time as they grow. The following are key elements that must be defined to form the essence of a strong culture, engaged employees and a strong business that has the ability to go from good to great – and stay there:
- Values: These are the foundations for making decisions and taking action that must be consistent throughout all marketing and interactions with your customers. Your values define what you stand for and how you do things. They are essential for attracting and retaining not only customers, but great employees.
- Purpose: Research shows that great companies have a strong “why” for being in business beyond simply making money. This sense of purpose inspires employees to persist in doing great work despite the inevitable challenges in any business. It also provides the foundation for an engaging brand story that will attract and retain customers over the long term.
- Vision: A clear and compelling vision is essential to support the leader’s ability prioritize and focus on the activities that are most important for achieving it. Without clarity of what you are trying to achieve, the leader (and future team members) are prone to reactivity.
- Strengths: Understanding the unique strengths and differentiators of your product, service, and company are critical for developing and implementing an effective marketing strategy.
This training program provides participants with skills and knowledge in building the foundations for a business, brand and culture that will stand the test of time. The following topics will be covered:
- The Kyosei Thrive Model, a framework for developing a strong business, brand and culture that is the foundation for customer service excellence, engaged employees, and profit optimization;
- The four Core Passions that form the foundation of a strong business, culture and brand;
- How taking time to get your brand and culture foundations right early on will save you time and money in growing your business both in the short and long term;
- Why clarity of business purpose matters for service excellence, employee performance and retention, increasing and retaining market share, and improving business profits;
- How to define your business purpose;
- Business purpose statements from high-performing companies;
- How clarity of vision links to employee performance and business profitability;
- Vision statement samples from high-performing companies;
- Defining your business vision;
- The difference between vision, goals, and strategic plans;
- Why values matter. How values clarity streamlines service levels, reduces conflict, increases brand strength, attracts great customers and employees and facilitates rapid growth.
- How to define your business values;
- Business values statements and styles from high-performing companies;
- The importance of defining your business strengths and differentiators; and
- How to build systems to reinforce your desired brand and culture throughout all areas of your business;
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the program, participants will:
- Understand the Kyosei Thrive model, a framework for developing a strong business, brand and marketing strategy and how these foundations link to attracting and retaining customers, improving business performance, and driving customer service excellence;
- Be able to clearly communicate the Core Passions of their business to customers, employees, and marketing professionals who are instrumental to growing the success of their business;
- Have clarified the Core Passions of their business; and
- Have identified initial priorities for developing systems and habits to begin reinforcing the culture and brand throughout all operations of the business.