Good communication skills are the foundation of success in every role, no matter what your business may be. Think about it for your business. Where there are business challenges, there are communication challenges. This training provides managers, entrepreneurs and individual employees with an understanding of the foundations of effective communication and listening upon which all other more advanced communication skills such as giving and receiving feedback, conflict resolution, coaching, negotiation and presentations are built. Upon completion, participants will be armed with the fundamental skills and knowledge they need to immediately communicate more effectively with colleagues and customers and a strong foundation upon which to build more advanced communication skills. This program is often combined with the High Performance Feedback program.
This training program provides participants with skills and knowledge to improve their communication with team members at work. The following topics will be covered:
- How communication impacts performance, stress, satisfaction, and your ability to get results at work;
- The characteristics of effective communication;
- The barriers to effective communication;
- Perceptual filters and their impact on effective communication;
- Personality styles and their impact on effective communication;
- Key tools and techniques for effective communication (paraphrasing, checking perceptions, active listening);
- Understanding your listening style and how to adapt it;
- Skills practice: Testing your knowledge and skills with application assignments in class; and
- Creating a 30 Day Action Plan to improve your communication at work.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the training participants will:
- Understand the characteristics of effective communication, the barriers to communication and how perceptual filters and personal styles impact communication;
- Understand and be able to use effective listening techniques;
- Understand how different personality styles impact communication and be able to adapt their communication style to suit the target of their communication; and
- Understand how to use communication to build relationships, increase trust, and improve performance.