This course provides leaders, managers, and business owners with the skills and knowledge they need to enhance team member performance and productivity by providing more effective feedback and recognition. This skill is an essential element of improving and sustaining quality, teamwork, customer service, and business profitability. It is also a critical element in retaining top performing employees. If you or your managers have ever struggled with how and when to give feedback to improve employee performance, this training will give you the skills and confidence you are seeking.
This training program provides participants with skills and knowledge to improve team performance. The following topics will be covered:
- What feedback is, what it isn’t;
- Assess how open you are to receiving feedback (quiz);
- Barriers to giving effective feedback;
- Sources of resistance to feedback and how to address them;
- The TASKING model of effective feedback;
- The three elements of effective recognition;
- The importance of adapting recognition to suit individual values and personality style;
- Asking for feedback from your team/colleagues;
- Practice your skills: give and receive feedback to team members;
- Action planning: Setting goals for giving feedback to team members and asking for feedback in the next 30 days. Filling out feedback planning form for each person they plan to give feedback to.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the training participants will:
- Be able to effectively use techniques for giving constructive feedback;
- Be more aware of their personal barriers to receiving feedback and how to overcome them;
- Know how to adapt recognition to suit individual style and values;
- Have tools for tracking and following up on feedback; and
- Have a written action plan for giving and receiving feedback in the next 30 days.