This course provides participants with the skills, knowledge and motivation to improve team effectiveness, thus increasing customer service and business profitability. It serves as a foundation for our other programs that enhance teamwork as it provides participants with a clear understanding of what teamwork is, the importance of teamwork for a thriving business, and the manager’s role in enhancing teamwork.
This training program provides participants with skills and knowledge to improve team performance. The following topics will be covered:
- What teamwork is and what it isn’t – dispelling common teamwork misconceptions;
- Research on how teamwork links to improved productivity, customer service, efficiency, and profitability;
- What’s in it for you? How teamwork links to reduced stress and enhanced job satisfaction;
- The manager’s/leader’s role in enhancing teamwork;
- The definition of a high performance team and how it differs from a traditional work group;
- The three elements of High Performance teams;
- The four types of teams;
- The stages of team development; and
- Strategies for moving teams from one stage of development to the next.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the training participants will:
- Know where their team is at in the stages of team development;
- Understand a variety of tools and techniques to move their team to the next level of performance; and
- Have a concrete action plan for improving their ability to work together as a team to enhance customer service, employee performance and satisfaction, and business profitability.