Most managers and leaders are hard-pressed to find as much time to coach employees as they would like. Fortunately, the benefits of coaching on business performance and profits can also be achieved by empowering your team with the skills to coach each other. Providing your team with these skills means they are better equipped to solve their own challenges or, at the very least, to come to you with a better understanding of the issues they are coming up against and what they require your support on. Not only does this training provides your team with the skills to coach each other to greater performance and fulfillment at work, it helps to create a culture where everyone is empowered to take responsibility for achieving business results.
The following topics will be covered:
- What is coaching?;
- Research on the effectiveness of coaching on performance, productivity and profitability;
- Why coaching works;
- Peer Coaching vs Manager Performance Coaching;
- Peer Coaching: What’s in it for you?;
- The Strategic Coaching framework;
- Do’s and don’t’s of a coach approach;
- Coaching practice in common scenarios.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Be able to use a simple framework for coaching their colleagues to peak performance and productivity;
- Know how to use coaching, feedback, and other techniques to support their work peers to manage performance and engagement more effectively;
- Be aware of the personal triggers that can flip them out of coaching mode and know how to get back on track;
- Have clarity on when peer coaching is appropriate and when and how to connect their colleague to an appropriate manager or other support person.