This training builds on the information presented in our Clarifying Priorities for Productivity program. With clarity on priorities, the next major barrier to productivity is a lack of planning and organization. This training provides leaders, managers, entrepreneurs and employees at all levels with a strong foundation of skills and knowledge to effectively plan and organize projects, tasks, and space to optimize productivity. By the end of the program, participants will have a variety of tools they can immediately implement to create greater structure and results in their role.
This module covers the following topics:
- Assessing your current level of organization – the “30 second rule”;
- How the common practice of multi-tasking drains productivity;
- Chunking tasks for improved productivity;
- Identifying your “Prime Time” for different tasks;
- Scheduling “Maker” and “Manager” time into your day;
- Creating your Dream Week;
- Daily, weekly and monthly planning processes to improve focus, productivity and efficiency;
- Goal-setting best practices;
- E-mail best practices;
- Space organizing best practices; and
- Top technology for increasing efficiency including online project management systems, CRMs, tracking tools, reminders and other technology that will vary depending on the participant’s role/business.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this module, participants will have the skills and knowledge:
- Improve their focus, productivity and efficiency at work;
- Permanently eliminate inefficiencies in their use of time, space and other resources in their business;
- Organize their workspace so that they can find anything they need within 30 seconds or less;
- Implement regular daily, weekly and monthly planning session to keep themselves (and their team if applicable) on track to achieve their goals;
- Effectively set and achieve business/professional goals; and
- Use technology to increase efficiency and productivity, improve service levels, and ultimately enhance business profitability.