You can’t avoid conflict in the workplace, but how you deal with it determines whether you create a team that is high performing or highly dysfunctional. This half or full day training program teaches managers, entrepreneurs, or individual employees how to effectively address conflict in the workplace. It is suitable for leaders, managers, small business owners and employees at any level of the organization. Participants will walk away with the skills and knowledge to understand the sources of conflict, shift out of frustration, and foster higher levels of creativity, collaboration, energy and focus in your team. (Note: The full-day format is recommended to allow participants more time to practice the skills they will learn and receive feedback on fine-tuning their approach prior to having to apply their learning directly in the workplace.)
This training session provides managers, entrepreneurs, and employees at all levels with the skills they need to constructively deal with conflict in their workplace in a way that strengthens business performance. The following topics will be covered:
- What is conflict?;
- Common causes of conflict in the workplace;
- Why conflict is essential for peak team and business performance;
- The two main types of conflict;
- Conflict resolution styles and how they impact productivity;
- Communication frameworks for constructively dealing with conflict.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand why dealing with conflict rather than avoiding it is essential for business productivity, innovation, customer service, and building a thriving corporate culture;
- Understand their own conflict resolution style and how to adapt to the conflict resolution styles of colleagues to achieve better results;
- Be able to use a variety of communication techniques for shifting from conflict into productive collaboration;
- Know how to avoid compromise and foster creativity to identify solutions where everyone wins.