Many small and mid-size businesses are not aware of what constitutes bullying and harassing behaviour in the workplace, let alone what their legal obligations are to address and prevent it. This training provides employers with a clear understanding of bullying and harassment and the steps they must take to ensure that they get and stay compliant with the laws in this area.
The following topics will be covered:
- Definition of bullying, harassment and discrimination;
- Steps to address and report inappropriate behaviour;
- Employee rights and responsibilities;
- Management rights and responsibilities;
- Developing a policy statement on bullying and harassment;
- Developing and implementing procedures for reporting incidents and complaints;
- Informing workers of policies and procedures;
- Training workers to recognize and respond to bullying and harassment.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course participants will:
- Have the knowledge they need to set up their own workplace policies and procedures to prevent and address workplace bullying and harassment;
- Be prepared to implement and sustain these new policies and procedures over the long term.