In order to build strong foundations for performance, productivity, and customer service excellence, employees must become skilled at developing and utilizing systems. The Result of Note (TM) training session provides all team members with the knowledge of why and how to implement systems that will stand the test of time, empowering them to participate more actively in improving personal productivity and business performance. The end result? Less stress, more productivity, higher levels of quality and service, and a healthier bottom line.
A Result of Note™ is defined as any system, habit or ritual that once implemented and committed to seldom, if ever, has to be revisited. While many entrepreneurs recognize the value of systems in enhancing efficiency, productivity, performance and profitability in their business, they run into two obstacles:
- Employees are seldom as passionate about creating systems as the owner is. This leads to an attempt at top-down systems implementation and decreases effectiveness because employees feel that the systems are forced upon them.
- The creators of systems seldom step back far enough to look at the big picture in building their systems. This leads to the creation of “Band-Aid” systems that are not sustainable.
This training session gives participants the opportunity to experience the benefits of applying the Result of Note methodology first in their own organization to identify key systems optimization priorities. As the Result of Note program is most effective if conducted with teams on an annual basis, it makes sense to develop these skills internally with key managers in the organization. For this reason, once participants have experienced the benefits themselves, the second part of the training provides them with the skills, knowledge and supported application time they need to be able to confidently facilitate this program with their teams.
The following topics will be covered:
- All the content from the Result of Note Training including:
- What is a system and how systems benefit both employees and the business;
- Definition of Result of Note™ systems thinking;
- Why clarity on business culture and brand foundations is required to create Result of Note systems;
- The difference between systems and habits and why both are important;
- The 6-step process of creating Result of Note systems;
- How systems thinking links to customer service excellence;
- How to evaluate the cost of any business frustration and the profit potential of resolving it;
- How to build systems to reinforce your desired brand and culture throughout all areas of the company;
- What strategic planning is and isn’t;
- Different types and phases of strategic planning;
- How to link Result of Note systems thinking with your strategic planning process.
- Measuring and monitoring: How to plan and track your systems design, implementation and optimization efforts.
- Result of Note Facilitation Skills including:
- Common pitfalls that can sidetrack the Result of Note process;
- Minimizing negativity in the frustration brainstorming phase;
- Tools for supporting implementation of new systems with your team;
- Ensuring full participation in the process;
- When and how to provide your own input and ideas; and
- Advance preparation ideas to speed the process if time is limited.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Be able to facilitate Result of Note Systems Thinking and Strategic Planning sessions with their teams (and have facilitated two (one partial and one full-day) Result of Note session with their teams).
- Have enhanced their ability to empower their teams to identify priorities and achieve results.